Spring 2017 in British Columbia cannot come fast enough! Not only because we are absolutely sick of winter but because there are amazing spring events in BC coming up.
Of course, several of those events involve midway fun as the first BC carnivals for the 2017 kick off!
Ah, Spring in BC…
As we write this, winter is still trying to bring us down with yet more snow across our province. But any day now the milder weather will win the battle and we will put on our shorts and head out to enjoy incredible forest and mountain vistas.
Spring in BC is undoubtedly a magical time of rebirth. But it isn’t only Mother Nature who brings gifts in the spring. It’s also time for the carnival season to start! We have to admit that 2017 spring events in BC are looking better than ever.
Here are some not-to-be-missed events for the whole family that are happening over the coming spring months. Some feature Shooting Star’s midway awesomeness, and others will get you in the mood for some carnival rides and games in the BC sun and fresh air.
Spring 2017 Family Events in British Columbia
- Après-Ski, Whistler – March 1 to April 30. If winter is your thing, Whistler’s ski season has been awesome and will continue right through April. The slopes have incredible snow still and the restaurants, bars and patios will be waiting for you.
- Festival Nanaimo, Nanaimo – March 1 to April 16. If this festival doesn’t renew your love for picturesque Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, I’ll eat my hat. It will have you licking your chops for when we take our midway to the Vancouver Island Exhibition in Nanaimo, coming up in August.
- Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival, Victoria – April 3 to May 13. For six weeks, BC’s capital city will overflow with music, dance and dramatic art.
- MIDWAY EVENT!! Vaisakhi Festival, Surrey – April 13 to April 23. This annual festival is the largest festival for the Sikh community outside of India. A Highlight of the festival is the parade on April 23, and Shooting Star’s rides and games too!
- April Tools Wooden Boat Challenge, Sunshine Coast – April 29. Get outdoors to Madeira Park near Pender Harbour and make a boat! Always a fun event with a different theme each year.
- Spring Okanagan Wine Festival, Okanagan Valley – May 4 to May 14. Ooohh, wine… This needs no introduction. There’s stuff happening at pretty much every town and every vineyard in the Okanagan.
- MIDWAY EVENT!! Trail Silver City Days 2017, Trail – May 10 to May 14. This is Shooting Star’s 2nd year in Trail. Silver City Days, celebrates the Homecoming, with amazing food and unique entertainment, like grape stomping!
- MIDWAY EVENT!! Rutland May Days 2017, Rutland – May 19 to May 21. Rutland, a suburb of Kelowna, comes alive for its outstanding festival that defines community spirit. We’ll be right in the thick of it.
- MIDWAY EVENT!! Penticton Spring Fling, Penticton – May 26 to May 28. All of us at Shooting Star are happy to be in Penticton twice a year! Catch us at the Penticton Peach Festival in August too!
These are just a few of the events to look forward to for spring 2017 in BC. What better to celebrate the warming weather than to get outside and enjoy some of the unabated fun?
The season is just about to begin, so check out all the midway carnival events on our route list calendar for 2017 that will make you smile and happy!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Shooting Star Amusements and a clickable link back to this page.